Haven't purchased yet, but I'm thinking of buying the following:

Wheelset
V brakes - but I notice that Rivendell seems to not be selling these right now
Brake pad inserts for Silvers
Some Big Ben 700 x 35 tires
Aluminum Bosco Bar if they get them in
12-36 cassette
A front derailleur
Maybe stem-mount shifters

And if I were to win a frame, then I'd be in a bind again trying to raise funds
to build it up. I think I would go with a custom made like a Roadeo and try to
build it up light and racy (SRAM 50-34 front with 12-36 rear), since I have the
beefy touring, country bike, and offroad areas covered pretty well.

On Dec 16, 2012, at 7:56 PM, Jim M. wrote:

> On Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:49:02 PM UTC-8, Anne Paulson wrote:
> BTW, speaking of orders, what do people recommend for tires for their
> Roadeos? I need to put together an order of my own.
>

> I don't have a Roadeo but I have its country cousin, Legolas. I really like
> Schwalbe Ultremo ZX in 700x28. Fast, smooth, comfortable at 80 psi, and I'll
> even dare say it, I haven't had a flat yet in 1,500 miles. I think of it as a
> road tire, but I took it on an unexpected mixed terrain ride today and it
> performed well, with only a couple of slips for lack of traction.
>
> jim m
> wc ca

James Warren
jimcwar...@earthlink.net

- Remember, my friends, it is better to feel fast than to be fast.