Michael,

It doesn't matter if it's a bicycle or a computer or you name it.   Take
the advice given and put together a plan of troubleshooting.

Before buying or trading for a new frame in most cases if your contact
points are the same the difference when you are looking at 2 cm is not
going to effect handling as much as looks.   So get the bike right and
enjoy.

So you've said that the bike is really comfortable... and people have said
to check stem, seat to crank relationship, saddle height and some other
things I would ignore.. but hey what can I say.

Make a list and make changes one at a time.   NO do not accept that a bike
hurts you .. it shouldn't .. well unless you just haven't ridden for a long
time.. then start out at 5 mile rides and work up... anyway... I digress.

So first question ...   Has it ever worked.   IE:  do you have a bike that
doesn't hurt?   If so are the contact point identical?  Another way is ..
do you have a known good reference to work from?

Then for me I would go for the easy changes first....     how I would do it
doesn't make it right fyi :)

1. change the seat height .. go too low then up till it feels good to you..
not what some chart says.
2. if the saddle is all the way back .. move it forward a tad.. then a tad
more or too much.. we are after back pain.. not reach at the moment.  if
the forward saddle fixes back pain then add a longer stem later.
3. next
4 next

It was mentioned to make one change at a time...    please trust your body
and your thoughts more than any of us.   Charts are starting points not
working points.  Even if it's not perfect, if you can change the problem
you have found the beginning of the solution.

Good luck

Kelly