I'm very happy to report that this week I've commuted to work on all 3
consecutive days so far. This is an improvement over last week's every
other day (MWF) commutes. What changed?

- The Betty is so incredibly comfortable for the commute, that it feels
wonderful; being able to go fully upright or lean forward on the Bosco bars
feels superb.
- My body is getting conditioned... last week I'd get home feeling really
tired with my legs sore, but not this week. In fact, on today's morning
commute, I was able to ride one gear higher with the same level of
perceived effort.

I also replaced the Brooks panniers with the gray panniers from Rivendell.
My oldest daughter liked how they looked on the Betty better than the
others and since my laptop fits acceptably (I don't have to carry it every
day, but leave it at work during the work week) I decided to try them
again. I had used them for a while two years ago on the Atlantis, but then
ended favoring the large Saddlesack. I have to say I really like them on
the Betty, but miss the "lightness" of the rolled Brooks panniers when
empty. Still, for winter commuting when I have to carry my rain cape,
sargeant's sweater, vest, etc. they are very practical. They are staying on
for now.

Photos of the first two morning commutes this week to get a sense of what
my morning commute is like and how the Betty looks with the gray Riv
panniers: *http://tinyurl.com/atfks4y*

René