@Sam: I've sent you the photos.

@Edwin:
The idea of going to stem shifters ocurred to me a while back since I was
doing so much bar swapping and having to deal with the barend shifters in
addition to the brakes was too much hassle. Initially, it ocurred to me to
use Paul's Thumbies since the quill of the stem and the bar are the same
diameter, and my first experiments were so succesful I used them on several
of my bikes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orthie251/6118656165/in/set-72157625129486363;
though it forced the shifters to be staggered, it was not a problem. BTW,
these are the same barend shifters I had, and you can really use any
shifter, downtube/barend with the proper adapter that comes with the barend
shifters, since the downtube shifters have the adapter that is curved on
one end for the downtube.

Recently, Rivendell started selling the IRD stem quill shifter mount (
http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/sh15.htm) so I ordered a set and used it
on the Betty. Aside from the nice polished look, now both shifters are
level and it just looks nicer:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orthie251/8370178221/in/set-72157625115263842

Currenly I only have them on the Betty; on both the Atlantis and the
Hunqapillar I went to downtube shifters since the Bullmoose bars (regular +
Bosco) that I am now using and liking so much create some vertical
interference and the design of these bars means that very little quill is
now exposed. If you are using a standard stem, then there is no
interference. My Hilsen still has the barend shifters mounted on the Noodle
bars, being my only bike that still sports them. I really like how the
barend shifters work on the quill/stem setup. Give it a try!

René