Manny,

To clarify, PBP only happens every four years.  The most recent one was in
2011 so we all have a bit of time till the next one to decide if and what
bike to ride.  In my opinion, the route and scenery are not the main
reasons to go do PBP.  It is riding with thousands of other randonneurs
from around the world, and experiencing the overwhelming support and
camaraderie from people along the route.  Sure, any riding in France is
great, but if you just want to go ride in France, there are tons of more
interesting or challenging routes to do than trying to recreate PBP on your
own.  Do PBP as PBP.  To rivramble or whatever, you have the whole country
for that.

All that said, I will be doing the 200k on one of my Pelicans.  See you all
out there.

Gabe