I use them on my bikes. I assume you have the daruma already in place and
the original flat metal washer + rubber washer, correct?

The wedge replaces the metal washer and should fit inside the fork steerer
(narrow diameter section) and the thinner edge on the front to
help,accomodate the fender's curvature, although in my experience on the
Riv bikes you still need to pull the front upwards a bit.

If your bike has canti brakes it'll fit perfectly. If your bike has center
pull brakes, you'll need to file the front section of the narrower circle
as the long nut that tightens the brake pushes it forward and prevents it
from fitting inside the steerer. Depending on the clearances, you'll use
the black rubber washer or others to close the gap.

Let me know if still have questions.

René

On Thursday, February 7, 2013, Minh wrote:

> Ok, so in the middle of winter tweaking, has anyone installed a fender
> wedge,
> http://www.renehersestore.com/servlet/the-520/Fender-Wedge-for-underside/Detailon
>  a Hillborne?  I can't figure out how to position it to get it to fit,
> i'd like to replace the rubber washer and get the fender a little tighter
> in that one spot.

> .
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en.

Sent from Gmail Mobile