And here's a pic from Renaissance Bicycles of that Sam+Big Front Rack
http://www.renaissancebicycles.com/images/rivendell/pratiks_touring_sam_hillborne/hillborne-nitto-racks.jpg

Maybe a pic of yours, Scot? Did Riv move the placement of the mid-fork
attachment? Is this is sidepull vs canti difference or maybe 650b vs 700
difference?

BTW: the Bombadil on the Riv install video
(http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/r5.htm) has mid-fork brazeons, but Mark's
installing the rack with p-clamps.