Grant wrote a short piece in an earlier RR about TC factor-- "TC" for
tilt-control. My mind's paraphrase (which could be entirely
misrepresentative of GP's view), is that wider Q-factor is countered by
wider tilt-control, i.e., handlebar width. It's a leverage thing.

There's a lot of personal preference in bikes. Try to find what you like--
it keeps the shops in business and Nitto bending metal!