Grip shifters are the crack of the bike world.  Or the Krispy Kremes, not sure
which.  (They ARE different, right?)

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of PATRICK MOORE
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 1:35 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Shimano bar-end shifters & Albatross bars for commuting

Amen to this. I had a hardish day yesterday (hardly epic; I'm just weak) and,
at the end of the day faced an 8.3 mile return commute involving a modest
headwind and 5+ miles of climbing, of which 1 was steep, the rest rolling --
all in a 72" fixed gear on a bike weighing 28 lb with load.

 No spring chicken, but, by pacing myself, I made it home without undue
travail. Moral: you don't need too many damned gears!

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Bryan