No'a'tall, Michael. Happy to answer any questions. That's the beauty of
this gangly bunch! Grin.

The ride started out at 25 at my house, likely dropped to 15 at the high
point and was 45 at home when I got back. It's a fun thing to arrive at the
bottom of a long mountain descent far warmer than you started out.

Saddle tilt: I don't know this is the bars. I think it has a lot more to do
with hip rotation. I run and ride with my hips "open" (which essentially
means rocking the top of your hips back and the bottom of your hip forward,
or tucking in your rear). With the seat more level, I slide forward too
much and bits get un comfortable and go numb. I don't like that. We floor
live (no chairs or bed), which leads to a strong core and limber, lithe
bodies as well as moving differently than most people are accustomed to. So
I suspect the saddle tilt is the result of that. I've never ridden a
cut-out saddle, so I can't compare them.

Road Bumpiness: I have constant vertigo from brain injury so avoided the
sprung saddle because I was looking for a stable platform to maximize
proprioceptive feedback. So I can't compare. But I love the saddle and I've
ridden several hundred miles of the Great Divide Mountain Bike Trail
(Central CO to the NM border), which had some rocky bits. What I learned on
that trip was that Grant is right: we have the best shock absorbers in our
knees and elbows. I floated along standing (squatting, really) on my
peddles with knees and elbows bent while my bike bounced away beneath me
and the descents on rough road were marvelous. Climbing rough roads is
great, generally too slow to matter much, though climbing heavy washboard
is no fun.

Hopefully somewhere in that rambling is something helpful.

With abandon,
Patrick