Ron,
thanks for the nice write-up.

Do you have issues with reaching into the handlebar bag and having the
bottom be really far away.  For example, while riding, could you reach a
ClifBar that had gone to the bottom?  Also, do you mind the top of the bag
not being close to the handlebar height?  I normally ride a 66-68cm frame,
and have still not figure out a great method.  Currently, I'm using an
Ortlieb KlickFix handlebar mount which is a good size, the reach is shallow
and is easily accessible, but it still wobbles around a bit while riding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpbikeresearch/8498690332/in/photostream

Geoff
Boston, MA