Comments on two prior posts.

Yes Rene, I've enjoyed it also. I drooled over Rivendells when I first saw
a Romulus ad. The first production bike that would fit me "off the rack"
though was a smaller Rambouillet, so I got one at the end of 2006. 10,000
miles later, I still love it.  Later, I started to read Jan's observations
and bought his tires for my 2d bike, a Saluki. They continue to ride well.
The next bike was more Jan-ish I think, a late 70s or early 80s UJB crit
racer that a prior owner had converted to 650B. It's Riv-sih nod is M-bars
on a high Nitto Dynamic stem. Higher BB and lower trail, it's a great bike
for shorter, spirited rides. It can't touch the Ram or Saluki for all day
comfort though. The Saluki, with lower trail than the Ram, handles a small
front load well. I did not like the Ram with a load on the Mark's rack I
tried, and then sold. With long chain stays, both bike do rear weight fine.

Steve:  The Ram has two wheel sets. One has 28mm Conti Gatorskins and the
other 37mm Panaracer Paselas. Changing between them gives no noticeable
steering feel change to me. The 28s are faster by 1 - 2 mph on avg.

I've told a co worker I'd bring fatter tires to work next week so we can do
some fire road rides. Which bike/tires to bring? :)
A delicious quandary.  (Ram with Paselas, Saluki with Oursons, Crit bike
with pari motos?)