I wouldn't skip Orcas either - Mountain Lake in Moran State Park is
beautiful, and an easy ride from the campground if that's where you're
staying (pay for rentals at Cascade Lake). You can rent a boat there, and
paddle around for a few hours. There's a fun rope swing on the shore, and a
small island (an island...in a lake... on an island!) worth tying up on for
a picnic or something. My family was there last summer, and we were nearly
alone on a beautiful summer day. There's also fun riding on the fire
roads/trails around Mount Constitution, and not a single wine bar or BMW in
sight. Doe Bay Resort is nice too, quiet and out of the way, with a wide
range of accommodations available from camping to dorm-style to cabins.
That having been said, Lopez is a great place to ride - have fun!

Andrew