Tires do fit more snugly on the 650B version of the A23 than on my Velocity
Synergies in 650b.  That is a very very good thing, in my opinion.  The
only significant shortcoming of Velocity Synergies in my opinion is that
it's very difficult to get tires to run straight on them.  The A23 is a
tubeless ready rim, and as such had a very shallow well at the bead seat.
 The consequence is two-fold.  First, if you don't modify your tire
mounting techniques, you might need to use a tirelever to mount your tires.
 Second, you'll never have to try and work the tire bead into balance
around the rim.

Disclaimers/qualifiers: I've read that there was an oversized batch of
Velocity Synergies in 650B, and I've never had one of those.  I've also
read that there was a batch of Synergies that cracked at the spoke holes
and I've never had one of those.

So, among 650B rims

The things I prefer about the Synergies:  I like the O/C idea, I like the
parallel side walls and the height of the side walls.  I like the price and
the weight.
The things I prefer about the A23:  A little lighter than the Synergy.
 Inexpensive like the Synergy.  Tires run straighter.  I wish it had
eyelets.  I wish it had taller and parallel side walls
The things I prefer about the Pacenti:  Wicked light.  Eyelets.  Parallel
tall sidewalls.  Tires run straight.  But, they are expensive and you can
see them deform around the spoke holes when the wheel is properly
tensioned.  Will it hold up under normal use?  We'll see.