Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Some weekends, when I can't stand the wait any longer, I drive over to Riv
from Berkeley and take a Hunqapillar or Sam Hillborne or the
proto-Appalousa out for a short spin.

Perhaps I better make another trip over there soon before I get any
crankier and my wife makes me sleep outside on a way-longer-than24o.

We discovered Rivendell when someone recommended the Grip King pedals for
my folding bike, which led to reading about Grant Petersen & reading Just
Ride, which led discovering Rivendell was just over the hill from us, which
led to dropping by and test riding their bikes, which put such a big smile
on my wife's face I ordered a bike for her. Something she wasn't expecting.

I have to say the people working there are the best.  Scott, Keven and Sean
really made sure we figured out the right size Betty Foy for my wife. We
were lucky they still make the 47cm.

Anyway, thanks for letting me lurk away here on the sidelines in the
meantime!

Happy Trails,

John