We'd picked July with the 12th, 19th & 26th open.  I need to contact the
park to see if they've got any large groups scheduled.  Now is a good time
to do so as I expect any large group would need to plan well in advance.

OTH, if the stars align for an out of town adventure with the NorCal group
that would be preferable.  People have more flexibility in summer so I
think the turnout would be better.  Those elevations are definitely for
summer time too.  I don't know any of those areas so it would be new turf,
which is always welcome.

dougP