If you can tolerate non-Shimano brake levers (just mask or steel wool-off
the branding!), any brake levers with the quick-release at the levers (ala
Campagnolo Ergopowers) can double-up the brake opening to allow fatter
tires on narrower rims to pass through without deflating. My Record
Ergopowers operating Shimano BR-R650 brakes have enough space to let out
Challenge PRs on Aerohead rims when both QRs are engaged.

Example:
http://www.tektro.com/_english/01_products/01_prodetail.php?pid=67&sortname=Lever&sort=1&fid=3