There are a growing number of prosperous vegans in the UK, US, EU, and of
course India, who like nice things without dead animals in them.  The
majority is not yet enlightened, but we are growing and we are very willing
to spend our money on products that don't need to kill an animal to make.

And yes, many currently available race saddles are synthetic.  They are
also for the most part gawsh forsaken torture devices.