Actually not politics at all.

The nternet combined with inexpensive global shipping is changing the world
of commerce.  Companies that know how to take advantage of both make money
products targetting global niche markets.  Vegan products make up a
growing, multi-million market.  Brooks is joining many large and small
companies that realize this and are making products for it.

One would think fans of a lugged steel cycle company that has kepts
true its niche through clever marketing and the internet would appreciate
that other companies are finding other niches the same way.  I guess
different strokes only applies where we agree with what the differences are.

And yes, I certainly hope this is the start of something that finds a level
of quality and cost effectiveness such that the product sells to all, not
just for the niche.