There is no experience like first hand :)

Most anyone who has ridden a bike with Alba bars has also ridden with drops
at some point in their life.  They're their own bar, an entirely different
experience . When I first tried them, I said Wow, I can see everything so
much better !  Sure  you can mount drop bars real high, but the bars are
apples and oranges ...... both handlebars but both different.  Try them,
you have nothing to lose and everything to gain . You can set them up with
bar end shifters and mtb levers, or bar end brake levers and thumb
shifters. Some use a stem mounted shifter. Use your imagination and just
have fun .... if it's no fun .. it's no use !