I ride a 2000 BMW GS 1150, and before that rode a 1987 BMW R80. Are they
Riv-ish motos? Maybe, sort of, but don;t obsess on that. Bicycling and
motorcycling are entirely different, share much of the same qualities, and
utterly complement each other. Leaning into turns, looking through the
turn, knowing which brake to use, on and on... doing both makes you
appreciate doing each on its own, all the more. Like today, when I rode the
LongLow from Berkeley out to Walnut Creek to see an old friend, get some
bits at RBW, and ride back. Claremont and Fish Ranch, in both directions...

- Andrew, Berkeley