On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 4:46 AM, WETH <erlhous...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I haven't retrieved bike parts from a dump yet, but a great idea.

Not from the dump, but I was once thrilled to find an older crashed touring
bike (crumpled downtube) in front of a house with a free sign (well, not
thrilled to see it crashed, but thrilled that it was free)... the wheels
were a significant upgrade from the ones I was riding at the time so I rode
home quickly and came back with the car.  Almost 15 years later I still use
them on my beater bike.