I meant to add that the Hunqapillar did amazingly. Since I haven't figured
out ho to carry gear on the front on my Mark's Mini without messing with my
vertigo, all weight was on the back. That's food for 10 days (we weren't
sure how long we'd be out), clothing, stove, tent, sleeping bag, oddities,
and a 100 oz water bladder. Not sure what it weighed, but it was relatively
compact and rode amazingly. Descents included a lot of rocks and roots and
weaving your way through the path of least resistance. Everything was solid
and balanced the entire way.

Before the trip, I'd wondered if my and the Hunqapillars capacity were up
for the CT. No doubt about it now. Having done the most challenging
sections of the trail for bikes (in terms of the motorbike swamp), the
whole trail is available and waiting for when I want to give it a go. That
is freeing.

With abandon,
Patrick