Wow, spectacular adventure, Patrick... Good for you (and especially your
daughter).

I've ridden a few great trails in the US, and Monarch Crest ranks right up
there with the finest.  I rode it with a friend (on mountain bikes) a few
years back (in early October). After getting shuttled to the top of Monarch
Pass in the early AM (with a little lingering snow for added drama), we
rode 35 miles of mostly downhill singletrack back into Poncha Springs, a
most epic and exciting ride. My only regret was that we covered way too
much ground way too fast... your method (ie savoring it over several days)
is much-preferred.  But we were on a 5-day tear through Colorado and had
several places to see (again, too much, too fast)... Thanks for sharing
those awesome pictures.

Peace,
Bobby