> I was into all black tires from 2009-2012. That's all I ever used on road
> bikes.

But a season on my tan-wall Rumpkins and Swiftys, and now I like the
tan-wall looks just as much.

My new Sam has black Marathons on it now.
I am too chicken to try commuting on my Hetres yet.
Lotsa trashy, glassy shoulders on my commute.
One of these days I will have to try it.
I hear they do well despite not having puncture protection.
I am hopefully going to use them on the Sam on a Century ride in October.
If they perform that much better, I may just keep them on permanently.