Or maybe the Bomba is just a 'premium Hunqa' ???  I know I often harp on
how Grant characterizes the Bomba as a mountain bike, but maybe I've
overlooked the true significance of the Bomba and Hunqa in mountain biking
history. I love what Grant has created in the the Bomba and Hunqa; in my
opinion these picked up where the earlier mountain bike designs left off,
and set an altogether different (and perhaps long-lost evolutionary) course
from the 'rest' of the mountain biking industry.  Here's what I'm talking
about: I also ride a Niner MCR fully rigid steel 29er mountain bike, set up
solely for trail.  I ride it virtually everywhere my friends ride on their
full-suspension bikes.  I never liken the Niner to any of the early (fully
rigid steel) MTBs; it's an entirely different beast (which evolved along
the lines of the modern hardtail, and not so much the early MTBs).  Both
the Bomba and the Niner are quality steel mountain bikes, but that's where
the similarities end.

And while I do savor taking the Bomba offroad, when I run into technical
rock gardens, large fallen logs and tight twisty turns, that's often the
point when I'll naturally dismount my Bomba.  Yet I wouldn't even hesitate
to rip through these obstacles on the Niner... it virtually eats up this
type of terrain...

The Bomba and Hunqa may represent a missing link to the early StumpJumpers,
Alpinas, Mongoose ATBs and (of course the Bridgestone MBs).. They've simply
set a slightly different evolutionary course.

BB