I finally have a bike that will take 50mm tires (1995 Trek 820).  I bought
this bike as a test vehicle for 26" wheels, which I've never ridden before,
but am interested in on a high dollar bike.  My first inclination is to go
with 50mm Big Apples but Schwalbe makes several other tires in the 50mm
size with the Supreme being of particular interest.

Is the 50mm Big Apple significantly "cushier" than the 50mm Supreme?  Is it
the width or is there something different about the design of the Big Apple
that makes it more comfortable.  The tires will be primarily for pavement
and I want as light and slick as possible with max comfort.  The Supreme
wins in the light & slick category but I don't know if it is as
comfortable.