I'm waiting on delivery of a new to me 56 cm Atlantis and have been
wondering what tire to go with? First I'm looking for an all round mixed
terrain tire that has plenty of cushion and rolls fairly well. I've liked
the idea of running the Big Ben's as Schwalbe states they have a bit more
tread then the Big Apples and would be good for mixed terrain surfaces,
just don't know about their puncture resistance and wear? Also I'd really
like to to run the 2.15" effectively 55 mm's (If I'm not careful I may talk
myself into picking up a Bomba or Hung) but if I ran fenders am concerned
about clearance. For serious off road I may run the Marathon Plus MTB tires
in either 1.75" or the 2.10" obviously with out fenders. What about the
Marathon Modials does anyone have experience with these? I know that
Patrick will recommend Furious Freds with Stan's and I may very well go
that route, but just the same I'd like some other feedback on just a good
AR tire & tube combo. And Chris not trying to hijack your post just figured
I'd throw in some more questions regarding tire selection rather than clog
up the list-serve with another post on roughly the same topic.

And congrats on picking up the Trek 820 I almost went that route but the
Atlantis fell into my lap and the Trek 850 hangs from the rafters for now.

~Hugh