Hi Pudge,
I'm guessing that your proto-loosa's chain stays are longer than 47.5cm--
my 48-cm Hunqapillar has 46 cm chain stays. It looks from your Flickr pics
that the chain stays are ~same length as the seat tube.

The 58.7 cm appaloosa on the Riv site now seems also to have ~same chain
stay and seat tube lengths--- so I'd guess more like 58 cm... (Wow!) IIRC,
an earlier protovelo version had shorter chain stays than the bike that was
finally built/delivered. I could just be making this up.

Anyway, I'm sorta glad I'm waaaayy too short for the proto-loosa, because
I'd otherwise be negotiating with my better half to buy it.

Shoji