Speaking of tire width and what tire is too narrow, I'm kind of
chicken about traction, and I'm moving in the other direction. As I've
mentioned in this group before, I'm planning a Great Divide ride in
2015. I'm about (I think) to pull the trigger on a Surly Krampus.
Three inches of tire width! Those Knards stick to anything. I won't be
underbiking, that's for sure.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:
> A friend is planning on coming on the flash ride on Pikes Peak and was
> wondering whether to bring his MTB or road bike (33 mm tires aka 27 x 1.75).
> I helpfully replied, “What are those? I just ride.” He laughed and replied
> “No. Seriously. Which one?”
>
> I don’t know the condition of the most likely route, but in the past it’s
> had some wash board and loose-ish gravel but was well packed for most of it
> with a clean line most of the time. May be some snow on the road come
> Saturday and it will likely melt somewhere along the way.
>
> Can you help me help him?
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>
> www.MindYourHeadCoop.org