*Things that changed my thinking:*
+1 on clothing... No longer get "dressed up" just to ride.  BTW spandex
make awful rags... gotta figure out how to repurpose that material...
Pine tar soap... GREAT STUFF.  Vaguely recalled it from ancient times (high
school art class), but now I use it all the time (thanks to Keven Mowen
gifting me a bar on a visit to RBW)
Saddle bags... Never considered them before; now can't live without em
Proper frame sizing and posture... Always wondered why riding seemed a
painful chore... like wearing a suit that's too small... THIS has been a
total game changer for me.
Dyno-lighting... thanks to improvements in hub dynos and LED lighting, it
has truly arrived... now standard equipment on my rides

*Still some things I don't quite buy into (but understand their value to
others):*
650B... skeptical that it will last (outside a select few devotees, and
beyond the new surge in industry hype)... Most of all I'm angry that the
Hetres 42s don't come in 26 or 700c (so I guess I've got an unfair chip on
my shoulder about 650B)
Drops... I own em...but just can't get comfortable down in the drops

*Trends I HOPE will never be embraced by this crowd:*
10/11 speed cassettes
Sloping top tubes (threatens the very aesthetics of the bicycle frame, IMO)
STRAVA... somebody please just run me over :)

Peace,
BB