Riv does its just (shocker) a bit unconventional - the 40/26 Sugino XD2
http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/cr7.htm

Velo Orange offers a nice 48/34t   in standard
<http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/components/cranksets/vo-compact-double-crankset-34x48t.html>and

Grand
Cru<http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/components/cranksets/grand-cru-110-fluted-double-crankset-34x48t.htm>
 finish