Hugh:

As luck would have it, a Cosmo came into my life a while back & I like it a
lot.  Haven't used it with panniers & loading the platform yet.
Functionally the Nitto & the Cosmo may be interchangeable.  However, and I
realize this is completely silly, to me the Nitto looks a lot nicer.  Tubus
racks are wonderful pieces of engineering but visually they tend to reflect
their German heritage.

What I'm hoping is that the new Nitto will have provision for trimming the
mounting tabs as the R-26 does so that it can sit lower on the 47 cm
mini-Lantis.  My wife likes her rack trunk bag but it's a hassle with
panniers.  And of course there's the thrill of opening a package from
Rivendell!

dougP