" It's the next subtle increment that we feel.  So yes, subtle differences
in wheel inertia are more significant to us than adding mass to the bike
frame.  "

and I never once said you can't feel it.  If the small difference is a big
deal to you, that's perfectly fine.

Do lighter wheels spin up faster?  Yes!
How much faster?  A tiny bit faster.
Is that tiny bit a big deal to some riders?  Absolutely

If you can feel the difference and if you like it better then do it.  It's
great.  None of us are racing or timing ourselves.  If it feels a lot
faster, who cares if it isn't actually measurably a lot faster?  If it
feels MUCH easier to pedal, who cares if it isn't actually measurably much
easier to pedal?

Trust me, I'm a tires guy.  I've got ~30 pairs of spare tires in my parts
bins.  Sometimes I run skinnier tires.  Why?  Because they *feel*different, and
sometimes I prefer to do it.  I
*feel* like it.  Sometimes I decide to run 700x25, sometimes 700x28 and
sometimes 700x35.  They feel different and I run what I feel like running.
 Feeling is a big deal

I remember a similar back and forth when a vendor made a crankset in 170
and 175 and refused to offer it in 172.5mm.  He emphatically stated that
the reason he wouldn't do it was because it is impossible for a rider to
feel the difference between 170 and 172.5.  A lot of people (including me)
got kind of miffed about it.  I sure as heck can feel the difference.
 Could I get used to a 170?  Sure.  But I've got 6 bikes and they all have
172.5s.  I'm not switching cranks on all my bikes, and I don't want to
RE-get-used-to the bike every time I ride it.  I can feel the difference
and I prefer to run 172.5.  I doubt there's a measurable performance
benefit, but if somebody told me NOT to run 172.5s because it's impossible
to feel the difference, I'd inform them that they are wrong.  Similarly, I
am not telling you, Ron, NOT to run skinny tires.  I'm not telling you
whether you can feel it or not.  I'm not telling you what you should
prefer.  If I did any of that I'd be a bigger jerk than I already am.