I'm so happy to hear from those of you who've already committed to this! I
hope we can maintain and expand this enthusiasm over the next 8 months!

I'm not sure what we have for B&Bs in the twin cities, but there are
certainly plenty of lodging options. For those who'd like to camp, I will
likely be able to offer my backyard or suggest some "unofficial
campgrounds". Perhaps other locals will be able to offer a backyard or a
spare bedroom or couch? If you're going to make a hotel reservation and not
have a car, check with me first to make sure your hotel is reasonably
bike-convenient (either in a bike-friendly area or near light rail transit).

For riding, I'm envisioning some mixed surface local explorations
encompassing everything from our excellent urban bike infrastructure to
minimally maintained dirt trails that most local cyclists don't know about.

As always, you'll be better off with fat tires than with skinny tires.