Andy, The simple answer is that no, what you describe is not an issue for
me. Likely because my vertigo is constant/ever present. Things can "get me"
so the vertigo is suddenly in the foreground, but that has actually never
happened int he wilderness, except for when I've encountered people
(scents, flashes, deep rumbling, mechanical noises etc.). On "good" days
I'm able to ignore the vertigo because it's in the background, but if I'm
not focused on something or over stimulation happens, it's instantly in the
fore, and I rapidly lose all brain energy. Hence the need to escape away
from the world-wide conspiracy to over stimulate me. Grin.

Ryan, Thanks. Snowshoes are on the pack list, along with micro-spikes,
mukluks, down everything, and doubles-quadruples of all base layers. I have
yet to pack it in my panniers, but figure since I usually don't take them
it will all fit. How's that for planning? Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick