Update:
What's better than a fatbike? A fatpulk. 18" wide smooth tread with runners
with LCG only. My fatpulk arrives Monday and gets put to use immediately
for a three nighter on Pikes Peak. We had a good -16˚F night and morning
here that I used to test out my gear and while I found a few holes, they
are all filled in now, though I fully expect to find additional holes when
I'm out for real.

So, not a Rivendell, but I'm hoping LCG only gearing counts for something.
I'll be some combination of walking, running, and snowshoeing, so a
triathlete? The plan is to test in in the flat park with kid inside and if
that passes the vertigo test then repeat on the climb to the falls a few
miles from my house. If that passes, then I'm good to test it in the wilds.
If it doesn't, I'm at a total and complete loss as to how to escape and
camp in winter's deep.

With abandon,
Patrick