http://www.bikefriday.com/bicycles/tandem/322

I have a Bike Friday "Family Tandem." It is a twenty inch wheel bike, and
the small wheels lets you have a lot of flexibility -- It works as well
with two adults as it does with very little kids in back -- and without the
clamp on kid tandem crank**.  I rode it to school with my 4 year old
daughter as the stoker -- (now 13!) and I've also been the stoker myself,
with my brother up front. It is technically a folding bike, but I've rarely
taken it apart. It goes nicely up on a Yakima rack on my Volvo 240 wagon.

** for really little stokers, I have "crank shorteners" which thread in
where the pedal usually goes, and gives you three shorter options for the
pedals.

Another cool thing is the use of a Sachs 3x7 rear hub, which makes a front
derailleur unnecessary, and lets you run the timing chain on the right
side, connecting the stoker's small ring to a right side crank in front. --
no need for tandem specific cranks.  Also very nice to be able to downshift
the internal gear 3spd hub when stopped.

I currently use it mostly to haul groceries with a burley trailer.

Bike Friday even makes a Family Tandem Triple!