Deekun P,

I have always lashed my Saddlesack large.  I've always done it with
zipties, but I am noticing that I've severely pulled the double-slots out
of shape.  The Saddlesack Large is not currently on any bike.

I run the Saddlesack Medium on the Windsor.  The rack didn't line up quite
right with the slots, so I elected to do a strap solution.  I have REI
webbbing straps in all lengths for generic lashing opportunities.  I
selected the very shortest ones, which are probably 16" long.  They are
brown, and have just a feedthrough plastic buckle.

To thread them through, I pushed a spare spoke into a slot and popped it
out the other side.  I used the elbow end of the spoke to catch a loop of
twine.  Pull out the spoke and now twine is threaded through.  Feed the
webbing through the loop of twine and pull out the twine.  Now the strap is
threaded through.

This lashing solution is working great, and I'm certain I'll replicated it
for the Saddlesack Large, next time I load that up.  I may use webbing with
a fastek buckle for quick release and quick reattachment.