I am looking for something that explains things simply and clearly and *more
steel bike oriented.*

I'd like a book that is thorough enough to *not* leave out safety issues.

For instance: like telling you how to install a stem, but forgetting to let
you know that you need to be careful that the wedge is not in a butted area
on the steerer tube. That sorta thing. I hate when that important stuff is
left out.

But I don't want a book that is going to scare me into thinking I will die
on my next ride if I don't torque a bolt just right either.

Just something that makes repairs fun, understandable, and safe.

What repair books do you all like?