Chris:  That's an American-built True Temper triple-butted chromoly
frame... Nothing at all mediocre about that.. .And you got yourself an
amazing deal for $150 !!!  I'm sure you agree those ride amazingly well.
But yeah, the 1 1/8 threaded was kinda odd... I had a Giant ATX 770 with
same setup... I was replacing the headset when I realized the 1" set was
too small!!!

BB