Hi Cecily,

I used Nitto North Roads and I found them similar enough to Albatross bars
but a little wider and more comfortable. So, you may consider those. They
seem to be more widely available too. That being said, I am with Liesl on
this one. I have similar vertebrae issues (stenosis in the neck) and have
converted two of my bikes to Bosco bars. I can attest that they are great
bars and offer many more positions that the Albatross. When Grant developed
them, I honestly never in a million years thought I would ride bars like
that. But after 2 rounds of PT, I committed to a more upright riding style
(bye-bye drop bars) and find the Boscos to be wonderful. They are nice and
wide and offer a natural position for cruising but also allow you to grab
ahead of your levers for climbing and more aggressive riding. I've even
grab the "flats" and tucked into a aerodynamic descent. They also allow
plenty of room up front for a nice basket (on a Mark's rack) with no cable
interference.
Good luck with you setup and glad to hear you are back on the bike!

Best regards,
Sean