As a kid I rode Stingrays and Stingray knockoffs. Then at age fourteen I
stopped riding altogether. Many years later, in 1996, a friend passed me
his Rivendell catalog and told me I might like it. He was wrong. I loved
it. Read every word of the catalog and Reader for ten years but still
didn't ride at all. Finally I caved in and bought a Miyata 710, and then
a Univega Viva Touring, and then an Austro-Daimler Vent Noir II (completely
beautiful but I was in awe of it), and then a Univega Gran Rally, each
festooned with at least a few Riv bits. While I liked each bike, there was
still something missing. Then one day about a year ago my wife asked, "Why
don't you just buy a Rivendell?" Bought a Hillborne. It is not only my
favorite bike, but one of my best purchases period.

Evan E.