Any airplane must be light enough to fly, and strong enough to survive
turbulence. It's a fine balancing act, and it's the reason why Rene Herse's
bikes are so amazing: He learned his craft building prototype aircraft,
including the first plane to fly across the Atlantic the hard way – against
the westerly winds. His vision has greatly influenced how I see bikes:
Light enough to fly, but strong enough to survive turbulence. So we don't
make "event" tires, but we also don't make "bullet-proof" tires you can
ride even without air in them.

Jan Heine
Editor
Bicycle Quarterly