I checked with your code with some modifications,
beause I do not have your directories.
I got the same error because
The the program did not execute sample.R because it could not find it.
To debug:
Use rcom (not (D)COM and make the window visible.
Single step through your VBA code using F8 and
Shift-F8. After running sample.R switch to the R Gui and
check of your dataframe really exists.

Uma Sitaraman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> Please find below my R code (in R)
>
> Portfolio=read.csv("Z:\\Internal\\R Files\\Portfolio.csv", header=T)
>> Benchmark=read.csv("Z:\\Internal\\R Files\\Benchmark.csv", header=T)
>> save.image("Z:\\Internal\\R Files\\sample")
>
> Saved as Sample.R
>
> Here's my VBA code: to read dataframe Portfolio and then print it into
> Excel. For some reason, it gives me the following error:
>
> It gives me an error "Run-time error 13- Type mismatch" and when I try
> to debug, it stops at line below in the RInterface Module.
>

>   nrows = REvalReturn("dim(" & DFname & ")[1]") + 1.
>
> VBA Code:
>
> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
> Call RInterface.StartRServer
> Call RInterface.RRun("setwd(""Z:/Internal/R Files"")")
> ChDir "Z:/Internal/R Files"
> Call RInterface.RunRFile("sample.R")
> 'Call RInterface.GetDataframe("Portfolio", Range("Sheet1!A1"))
> Call RInterface.GetDataframe("data.frame(Portfolio)",
> Range("Sheet1!A1"))
> Call RInterface.StopRServer
> End Sub
>
> PS: I tried both Lines 6 and 7 (that I found in the mailing list) but
> both give the same error.
>

>   I am using R (2.5.1) and RSrv200.exe.
>
> Regards,
>
> Uma

>>> 1,2
>>> 3,4
>>> 5,6
>>

>> It gives me an error "Run-time error 13- Type mismatch" and when I try
> to debug, it stops at line below in the RInterface Module.
>>

>> nrows = REvalReturn("dim(" & DFname & ")[1]") + 1.
>>

>> I am using R (2.5.1) and RSrv200.exe.
>>

>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> -Uma
>>

>> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this
>> e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
> e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of
>> the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.  Any views or
> opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
>> necessarily represent those of Amba Holdings Inc., and/or its
> affiliates.  Important additional terms relating to this email can be
> obtained
>> at  http://www.ambaresearch.com/disclaimer

Erich Neuwirth, University of Vienna
Faculty of Computer Science
Computer Supported Didactics Working Group
Visit our SunSITE at http://sunsite.univie.ac.at
Phone: +43-1-4277-39464 Fax: +43-1-4277-39459