Hi,

I tried to choose the foreground option in Set R server and configure R
but then it gives me the error "R Server not available". When I try to
Configure, I am not able to check the foreground option of the Typed
Server. It is also a Read-Only file.

Also, I don't understand the below paragraph I found on the net:

Foreground server

Once rcom is installed, RExcel's Set R server menu item will offer a
button allowing to install and uninstall foreground server support in
RExcel.

The installation described so far already allows to use the foreground
server from RExcel if it has been started manually. If you want to be
able to start the foreground server from RExcel, you have to add the
following line to your <R_HOME>etcRProfile

require(rcom)

Then, the Start R menu item on RExcel's menu will be able to launch the
foreground server.

If the package rcom is automatically loaded when RGui is started because
of this entry in RProfile, you have to disable this autostart before you
are able to update an existing rcom installation with install.packages.

Where do I find R_HOME?

Regards,

Uma