Hi,
in the line

Call RInterface.RRun("setwd(""D:\Program Files\R\(D)COM Server\xls"")")

try either \\ or / instead of a single backslash \ .

Vilmos Prokaj

Uma Sitaraman írta:

Hi,

I am having a problem reading data between R and Excel.

I have saved my code in file: lastsave.txt, and am trying to execute the R commands when the user clicks the command button PA in Excel VBA. I also let the user choose a date (using list box) and one of three options using an option button. The code runs fine when I write the entire R code and try it in Excel. But when I close R and again open the Excel file, it cannot find any of the variables in R. Please find below my code for the command button

 Private Sub PA_Click()

Call RInterface.StartRServer

Call RInterface.PutArray("dat", Range("Sheet2!A2"))

Call RInterface.RRun("setwd(""D:\Program Files\R\(D)COM Server\xls"")")

ChDir "D:\Program Files\R\(D)COM Server\xls"

Call RInterface.RunRFile("lastsave.txt")

Call RInterface.GetArray("g", Range("Sheet1!C5"))

Call RInterface.GetArray("f", Range("Sheet1!D5"))

Call RInterface.GetArray("n", Range("Sheet1!E5"))

Call RInterface.GetArray("pp_b", Range("Sheet1!F5"))

Call RInterface.GetArray("pp_e", Range("Sheet1!G5"))

Call RInterface.GetArray("bb_b", Range("Sheet1!H5"))

Call RInterface.GetArray("bb_e", Range("Sheet1!I5"))

Call RInterface.StopRServer

I get the following error in R:

Error in as.matrix(g) : object "g" not found

Error in as.matrix(f) : object "f" not found

Error in as.matrix(n) : object "n" not found

Error in as.matrix(pp_b) : object "pp_b" not found

Error in as.matrix(pp_e) : object "pp_e" not found

Error in as.matrix(bb_b) : object "bb_b" not found

Error in as.matrix(bb_e) : object "bb_e" not found

I have installed the RDACCSDSetup2040V1.71.exe package.

Also, when the user chooses another data and another option, the data does not change and remains the same as the first option.

Regards,

-Uma

not the intended recipient (or have received this
e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of
the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.  Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Amba Holdings Inc., and/or its affiliates.
Important additional terms relating to this email can be obtained
at  http://www.ambaresearch.com/disclaimer