Wayne,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
THanks for the help in retrieving a server under shared use. In the VB code example:
RServerManager.ServerPool.Item("MyR").Server.EvaluateNoReturn("plot(x)")

Is this retrieving a server for shared use or is it doing something different?

It is for shared use, but indeed without tracking uses. So using GetServerShared() or GetServerExclusive() is the recommended way. Could you please point out, which of the Examples uses .Item() to retrieve a server, so I can fix this for the next release.

As has already been pointed out by Julien, special care has to be taken into account when using these components from a webserver account. I've not yet done this myself, but I have heard that in this case permissions for all COM objects have to be set accordingly.

Regards,
Thomas