Hi Erich,Thomas:
My background server still doesn't work. If I click on RExcel >> Set R server
>> and select Server type =  Background and then click on the command button
below "Save" should be enough to to set the background or do I need to click on
"Configure R server(s)" button and select "Typed server" and check "Background
server"? I have tried both way and nothing seems to work. I have R, R(D)COM and
RExcel installed on my C:\ drive.
I have checked the references and RExcelVBAlib is checked.
I performed the StatConnector test and it failed, I got the message below:

Initializing R...Function call failed
  Code: -2147221487
  Text: installation problem: interpreter version mismatch
Releasing StatConnector Server...Done
 and the message box says: Test1......Method '~'of object '~' failed

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service