This might be interesting as well.  Didn't look at it real close, still it
caught my interest.

Paul H.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Clark
  To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 7:46 PM
  Subject: [TANKS] Re: Metal Shaping

  Would you believe they have a Waterjet cutter in our manufacturing
department, but they deem making toy tanks as being a waste of resources?
Philistines.

  To get to the point of this resurrection, I've been looking at DIY CNC
machines and I have found the Mechmate http://www.mechmate.com

  Free plans to download. Some weird clauses in the EULA, but the design looks
decent, and will be sturdier and more professional looking then other plans
that use MDF.

  On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Aahz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Michael Clark wrote:
    > It looks like it is the Backend bit of a CNC machine. You supply the
    > frontend
    >
    > Price seems to be about 12 grand. I wonder if just upgrading to a
    > laser cutter wouldn't be a better choice.

       Considering the quantity of parts we might need as a whole I think
    we would be better served  by finding a Tech college nearby and getting
    them to use their waterjet. For those of you in the Pacific Northwest
    that would  be Vashon Technical.

    Aahz.